Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Arcade Fire covering Peter Gabriel's "Games Without Frontiers"

New York Times has an article up this morning about Peter Gabriel's song swap project where he first did a cover of Arcade Fire's "My Body Is A Cage" on his new album Scratch My Back. Now the turn has come for Arcade Fire to cover one of Mr. Gabriel's songs. And according that NY Times article Arcade Fire has been working on "Games Without Frontiers". I can't really say I'm all that familiar with the song so I've embedded it below as much for my own interest as anything else.


First impression is that the song sounds like one which Arcade Fire could really make their own. So that's good.

"UPDATE: According to Arcade Fire's publicist, The New York Times incorrectly reported that the band is covering "Games Without Frontiers". The band is not covering that song. It is unclear if they are covering another Peter Gabriel song or not participating in the project at all."

No comments: