Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tim's Scrapbook 2009-04-18

My brother Matthew

Last week I went home to my parent's place for his birthday.
We had a great party..
Instead of giving Matt presents, we (with his blessing and encouragement) donated some money to this place-

http://www.sunrise-therapeutic.ca/

Sunrise Therapeutic Riding and Learning Centre is located near Guelph, Ontario. It's a place where people who have disabilities get to ride horses among many other activities. It helps people experience independence that many of us take for granted. My brother and a number of his friends LOVE going there and benefit greatly from it. They're a nonprofit organization who rely solely on private donations. They're really struggling to come up with funding these days. If you have the means, I would highly recommend and ask that you donate even five or ten bucks to them. It's a really worthwhile cause and they really need the money right in order to avoid having to shut down.
I realize this isn't a local organization for everyone who may read this and I very much appreciate your time.
Sunrise's webpage has much more information.
Thanks a lot...
Tim

No comments: