Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scratch My Back bonus disc

Peter Gabriel will release a Special Edition of his Scratch My Back album that comes with a bonus disc. On it is an alternate version of My Body Is A Cage. Full tracklisting for the bonus disc as follows:
1. 'The Book of Love' (Remix)
2. 'My Body is a Cage' (Oxford London Temple Version)
3. 'Waterloo Sunset' (Oxford London Temple Version)
4. 'Heroes' (Wildbeest Mix)
Might be worth checking out if you like the album version he did.

It's also been confirmed that each month during 2010 a 'double A-side' will be released from the project on the iTunes Store. One song taken from Peter Gabriel's covers and the other a song from one of the artists covering a Peter Gabriel song (you remember this is a song swap project, right? I'll cover you, you'll cover me - that sort of thing). First out is Gabriel's cover of The Magnetic Fields 'The Book of Love', the flip side will be Stephin Merritt's (The Magnetic Fields) cover of 'Not One of Us'. I wonder which Peter Gabriel song Arcade Fire will cover.

No comments: