Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Arcade Fire single! Suburbs/Month of May

WHAM! JAFB EXCLUSIVE! Hahaha, I can't do crap like that with a straight face. Anyway, great news.

A reader on this blog (Thanks Erik-Dardan Ymeraga!) found the new Arcade Fire single over at Amazon. The vinyl single appears to be called Suburbs/Month of May and is stated to be released on June 1, 2010. That's only two weeks away! Either Suburbs is the A side and Month of May is the B side or the leading single is actually named "Suburbs/Month of May". No artwork is available just yet. June 1st can't come soon enough.


Update
A band rep. says the amazon listing is incorrect and will be taken down. Still, it has to mean something you'd think.

Update #2
And yes, there's indeed a new single coming out soon.

Update #3
Amazon cancelling preorders for Suburbs/Month of May citing it's "unavailable and we don't know when we'll get it in the near future". As a consequence the links in the post above are now dead.

18 comments:

erik said...

Awesome, that's sooner then I expected :)

joel said...

Oh yeah! Only like 2 weeks away. Amazing news :D

PABBY said...

Absolutely, totally and utterly, bloody wonderful news! :-)

RANNOCH said...

maybe it's a "Neighbourhood" kind of thing again? Like the titles will be "Suburbs/Month of January - Suburbs/Month of Febuary etc.. and 12 songs, one for each month.

pure speculation though.. haha

joel said...

Haha, that would be pretty cool actually :)

SupaKat said...

Already pre-ordered with overnight shipping. :)

joel said...

Quick work there SupaKat!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Holy God, this is wonderful. I love long song titles, and ones with /'s, and VINYL! I was going to buy the lyric book for Stars, but this single is, indeed, top priority!

I hope it's numbered! Or limited! I love that stuff.

BUT OHMAHGAWDDDD, I'm losing my mind here, man! How long have we been waiting?? Miroir Noir kept us busy for a little bit, but we've been waiting an entire year for updates!

joel said...

Hahaha!

Don't think I've still quite understood this is actually happening despite having had all day to process it.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now this sucks. I just bought two, and now it's getting taken down. Wtf. ARCADE FIRE MANAGEMENT, IS ONE STIPPLE OF INFORMATION THAAAAAT MUCH TO ASK FOR? Album art? NO. Release date? NO. Title? NO. Single? NO. Nothing.

I'm sorry Joel, but I am mad.

Anonymous said...

YEY! We got a post card from the band! Check out Arcadefire.com!!!!!!!!!!!

And the release is TRUE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Joel, and now the single is available at Amazon. Canada too...

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003M3UJTO

As a MAXI single...

Anonymous said...

Correction: 12" maxi single! OOO= I swear, AFire's management can really suck a fat one, their propaganda days are over. I mean, here they deny this, and then the band goes and puts up another postcard on their website.

Every time you close your eyes...
LIES!
LIES!

Anonymous said...

JOEL, SORRY TO SCREAM SO LOUD HERE...

BUT ACCORDING TO AMAZON CANADA, SUBURBS/MONTH OF MAY IS THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=arcade+fire+suburbs&x=0&y=0

HELL, YES!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

UPS! Made a terrible mistake!

Read "LP Record" and jumped around here, thinking it was an album...

It's most likely a single...

I'm going nuts... is it June 1st already??

Anonymous said...

LP and album aren't generally the same thing, I think. I bet my bottom dollar that this isn't the album, they wouldn't keep it as a secret like this for so long...

Anyways, I pre-ordered two, so this should be snazzy.

Zaraven said...

I think that Month of May is the B-side actually. My concern is, where is Sarah in that picture?

joel said...

Last night was INTENSE! :)

Zaraven; She was probably busy playing with The Luyas.